Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Hand Therapy & Naturopathic Medicine
Corona Virus / COVID-19 Update:
We are open!
Following the guidelines for the CDC, World Health Organization and Washington State Department of Health we will continue to see patients who need therapy. Taking care of you is our most important goal. Those patients who come to the clinic will be treated in private rooms. Our lobby will remain closed to follow the social distancing guidelines. The newest suggestions are that you wear a mask when leaving your home.
Patients who need therapy in the clinic:
- Post operative patients
- Patients with acute injuries
- Patients in critical need who would benefit more being in the clinic than doing a tele-health visit.
Patients who would benefit from a virtual therapy visit:
- Patients with underlying conditions
- Patients with compromised immune systems
- Patients who are currently sick
- Patients over 60
- If you have diabetes, lung disease or heart disease
What is a virtual therapy visit?
Tele-health is the use of digital information and communication technologies, such as computers and mobile devices, to access health care services remotely and manage your health care. These may be technologies you use from home or that your doctor uses to improve or support health care services.
At Rue & Primavera we feel that seeing you in the clinic is ideal, but not at the cost of sickness to you or our staff. We also feel that we can guide you and provide relief with a tele-health format. At this time it may be your safest option.
Are you tired of being treated with an assemely line model of Rehabilitation?
Then come see US!
With over 40 years of combined experience in therapy we promise you warm, attentive and effective personal therapy care. We run a growing non-corporate family owned and operated outpatient Physical, Occupational and Hand Therapy clinic on Whidbey Island. We demonstrate our high quality of care to our patients through our 1 on 1, 45 minute appointments. We believe that we can help you to feel better, to get stronger, and to increase your energy. The caring begins the minute to walk in the door. Our team consists of highly trained front desk staff, Physical Therapists, PTA’s and Occupational Therapists that are organized, efficient, compassionate, and are family through and through. Come and take advantage of our desire to assist you in getting the most out of your body.
Recipe’s to try:
Spinach & Shallot Frittata
2 Shallots, Peeled and thinly sliced
2 cups spinach or baby spinach
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly group pepper
6 larger organic eggs*
- Preheat the broiler
- Peel and mince the shallots.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until soft. Add spinach and stir until it begins to cook down. (or just add leftover steamed or sauteed greens to the pan).
- Break eggs into a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper lightly, and whisk with a fork until yolks are broken up.
- Put egg mixture over the veggies in the skillet. Lift pan and swirl the mixture so it spreads out evenly in the pan. Cook over low heat until eggs are set on the bottom.
- Transfer to the oven to broil until the tops sets and turns golden brown, about 5 minutes.
*Skip if this is your first time cleansing or if you already know you are sensitive to eggs.
Oatmeal with Fresh Berries & Toasted Almonds
1 cup rolled oats (or leftover brown rice or quinoa)
1 cup water or almond milk
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Bring oats and water to a boil
- Place almonds on baking sheet and toast in toaster oven or oven at 350 degrees until golden brown.
- Lower heat to medium, add flax-seeds, and cook for 5 minutes, or until creamy.
- Serve topped with berries and toasted almonds.